CareersSometimes we need to add to our family not only to grow into new technologies and industries, but also to provide the skills we’ve learned along the way to the next generation of our family.
CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Machinist
Essential Job Functions:
Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Saves CNC program on dedicated CNC network drive after program has been proven acceptable
- The programmer is to ensure that the date, time, operator name & complete tool descriptions have been defined in the “Comments” section of the program code
- Verify that the machine setup details are formally recorded on the CNC setup log
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
Technical Skills required:
Experience with various CNC operating software: SOLDCAM,DCAM WIRECUT, InventorCAM and should be able to provide Technical Support with various CNC machines (Milling, Turning, Mill-Turn Wire-EDM) and controllers (Fanuc, Mitsubishi,Siemens, Heidenhain, Mazak). Proficient with different technical software for advanced 3D Modeling, shape and design.
Experience: 3 Years to 5 Years
Equipment and Machinery Experience:
Shapers; Milling machines; Engine lathes; Drill presses; Computer numerical control (CNC) machines (Preferred)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Delta, BC
Education: High School or equivalent experience
Summary of Wages: CAD 60,000 to 80,000 depending on experience
Send Resume to: email@example.com
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth